Video - too big to email & converting....

1. HCT99

HCT99 Member

I have a video on my HTC desire which is 15 minutes long. I need to find a way of emailing it to my Mum, preferably in a format that will be easy for her to open.
    I tried 'sharing' it but it said the file was too large to attach. I connected the HTC desire to my laptop and transferred it, but the file was still too large to attach to gmail. I then decided I could edit it into sections and send them separately, but the 3gp format wasn't recognised by windows movie maker so I tried converting it to avi or mp4 but it then said the file was corrupted.

Help?!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

HCT99 likes this.
  3. HCT99

HCT99 Member

Thanks, I'll try it!
  4. HCT99

HCT99 Member

Ok, this is way beyond me now. I did the conversion as you suggested, but when I tried to import it in Windows Movie Maker I got the following error message:

"The file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\VIDEO0001.avi cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again."
  5. HCT99

HCT99 Member

I re filmed in smaller chunks and went down the youtube route as it was still too large to attach - uploaded the videos as unlisted and emailed mum the links. Had to attach the phone to the laptop and do it from there though as it failed to upload from my phone.