• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Transfer

After transfering my videos to my pc I have no sound. I downloaded media player classic and get sound through that but it still didnt help me get sound when I try to make a movie on windows live movie maker. Does anyone know what progam I can use to get sound for making movies and burning dvds?

Your computer doesnt have the right audio codec to play the file. Dont ask why, but the codec used by the evo is very old. So old that computers these days dont even include it anymore.

You can play it with Quicktime or VLC player.

If you want to edit it, you will have to convert the audio to a format your editor can understand, likely mp3 or wav. This program will convert it to wav:

Free-Codecs.com :: Mobile AMR Converter 1.5.0 : Convert AMR files to wave files

Then when you edit the video, you will have to manually add this audio to the video file.

Upvote 0
Your computer doesnt have the right audio codec to play the file. Dont ask why, but the codec used by the evo is very old. So old that computers these days dont even include it anymore.

You can play it with Quicktime or VLC player.

If you want to edit it, you will have to convert the audio to a format your editor can understand, likely mp3 or wav. This program will convert it to wav:

Free-Codecs.com :: Mobile AMR Converter 1.5.0 : Convert AMR files to wave files

Then when you edit the video, you will have to manually add this audio to the video file.

I concur with this. I even had to download an update in order for it to play on Quicktime.

Anybody know a good and free video converter that you can change the video format to mp4?

Upvote 0
Thanks for your replies but you did not answer the question. How does he get audio to work when he edits his movies in Windows Live Movie Maker? Somehow the sound to his movie is not working when he transfer from his EVO to his PC. I am having the same issue and I really need some help.

Thanks,
Tekpower

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones