1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Videos stop playing after 1-2 seconds, but sound doens't.

1. Anducks

Anducks Active Member

I loaded about 4 gigs worth of videos (About 160 different clips) onto my 8 gig SD card. When I try to play a video, the video freezes after about 1-2 seconds, but the sound keeps playing.

Is there any way to solve this? There's just over 3 gigs of free space on the card.

Advertisement
  2. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member

Have the same problem. Trying to trouble shoot now
  3. Anducks

Anducks Active Member

If you find a fix, let me know.
  4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Have you tried playing it on an alternative video player on the android market? :)
  5. dave.helm

dave.helm Active Member

This thread needs more attention!

I am having this problem from movies I download from other sites. My personal vids look and play great. The DL ones don't.

If a primary feature of the phone doesn't work it si a huge factor for me. ANYONE have any ideas?

Daver
  6. mpciii

mpciii Well-Known Member

I downloaded a few movies from blackberryreadyvids.com and haven't had any trouble playing them through the stock player in the album. I haven't transferred any home movies yet but have taken some vids with the phone and they play fine as well.
  7. jaybigboy34

jaybigboy34 Active Member

I didn't see this post or I would have just posted here. I am having the same problem. Is there a fix for this?
  8. jaybigboy34

What player would fix it?
  9. HunterJohnson

i tried a few of the free players from the market( i searched for video and downloaded about 5) and none of them worked.

I would click on a video link on a website and it would open and the problem would occure still. I gave up after trying about 5 different apps from the market.
  10. jaybigboy34

This doesn't sound good.
  11. HunterJohnson

your right it doesnt. I was reading another thread about Media Messages being split between there sounds and video when recieved from others. I think this might have something to do with this.
  12. jaybigboy34

Part of the Internet is watching videos. If this doesn't work, then that takes away half the purpose for data package!
  13. jaybigboy34

Bump. Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet?
  14. McFluffnStuff

McFluffnStuff Active Member

Bumping this because my dad has the same problem. He transferred his old phone's videos onto the Eris but theyre not playing and he's getting disgruntled.

Anybody ever find a fix for this?
  15. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

16. McFluffnStuff

McFluffnStuff Active Member

Its MPEG-4. I'll try it out and see if it works, thanks.
  17. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

This has been an issue in all versions, 1.5, 2.1 leak 1, and 2.1 leak2. What I did was re-encode the movies files and tested them and they worked. I converted them all to .wmv which made them a little bigger but its worth it if they work. I will try to find the application I used and post it here though any movie converter or encoder should work.

Here is the link I found that helps fix the issue you guys are having:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=441063

Enjoy!