Videos Will Not Play - No logic to it...Support

Last Updated:

1. danvm

danvm Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased a 32GB microSD card on eBay. It is a Kingston but the packaging was Chinese. I put it into the phone, formatted it, and all works well except videos. I can play podcast videos just fine but every time I copy a movie file - that played fine on my 16GB card - onto the 32GB card the phone refuses to play it. And, if I copy the file off the card and onto my computer again it can't be played there! There was even a time when I took a movie that was on my 16GB card, copied it to the 32GB card that is in the phone, and it played! I'm really at a loss on this one.

Advertisement
  2. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

Well it is quite simple.

The card is most probably a FAKE one. There are LOTS of fake cards being sold on Ebay.

Just do a search on google "Fake memory card on Ebay"

And you will be surprised with the amount of results you get!

3. danvm

danvm Member This Topic's Starter

I seem to have found a way to get the video files on my phone that works. I was using JRiver Media Center to copy the movies to the phone which has not been a problem in the past. Though there is an option to convert the video format I made sure there was no conversion because the m4v format I had always worked. So, rather than using JRiver Media Center I just copied the files on to the phone and they seem to play fine. Strange...

4. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

I would still say the card is fake and is possibly a problem.

I read somewhere that till now only Sandisk made 32 GB cards. I did a google search and found out this link-

Code (Text):
    1.  http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/10/06/kingston.announces.32gb.microsdhc.memory.cards/

Kingston have just launched their 32 GB cards on 6th october 2010. Since the packaging was chinese it is a fake card.

I dont know if you did a google search but Fake memory cards/Mp3 players showing fake memory is a very big business on Ebay.

I had 1 mp3 player which showed 8 gb. Some music files got corrupted in that. Formatting was not of any use. After formatting once with HP utility now it shows 4 gb memory! and files play flawlessly.

Basically the issue is card shows 32 gb. But in reality memory is less. When you install the file it is going to non existant part of memory that is why it causes problem or would cause problem when it will be filled over capacity though I am not sure what the capacity of the card would be.

5. MAKFOTO

MAKFOTO Active Member

If you want to check if the card is a fake check it with the h2testw test.

Google Translate

You get what you pay for with the cards. If you paid less than