• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Videos/youtube keeps buffering and it's driving me nuts

Hi there, darkchild101, and welcome to Android Forums. :)

Since you're experiencing this problem on both your phone and tablet, and this problem does not happen on your son's device, it's unlikely the issue is device related (not impossible, but unlikely). So a little more info is in order!

When you're playing videos, how are you connected? Wifi? 4G? What?

If you try a different method of connecting, is the result different?

And, just for clarity, please let us know which phone and which tablet you're using.

Upvote 0
try running it in the browser and not through the app. in the newest update, the only way to get fluid video playback in the app is to change the settings for every video from 'auto' to '240p' and i found that extremely annoying to have to do that on every video, when i can simply deselect 'HQ' and play any video i like through the site itself, and plus save internal storage being there's no app to worry about.

Upvote 0
I have no problems with running the app in my connection. However in this case, yes it would seem to be a connection speed issue. The Youtube app streams at a higher quality image than when using the browser on a phone. This is why the same video loads faster on an Asha (which is recognized as using a mobile browser, thus compressed data is sent) as opposed to Android when using the YouTube app where you are allowed to get full quality.

Upvote 0
I have no problems with running the app in my connection. However in this case, yes it would seem to be a connection speed issue. The Youtube app streams at a higher quality image than when using the browser on a phone. This is why the same video loads faster on an Asha (which is recognized as using a mobile browser, thus compressed data is sent) as opposed to Android when using the YouTube app where you are allowed to get full quality.

Any ideas? Someone suggested it might have something to do with flash.. Is this correct

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones