• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

View android on desktop

Oh you mean you want to use your desktop on your phone , Not your phone on your desktop? :)

If so , try "PhoneMyPc" off the Android market. It's $9.99 though and I haven't tried it myself so I don't know if this is any good

I seem to be confusing myself neverlone you :p

I want my phone screen to be on my desktop. I found androidscreencast - Project Hosting on Google Code which i might give a go tonight even tho it seems a bit hacky.

Upvote 0
Hi dude.

I have been looking for such an application too. I was a PocketPC user and I used to use SOTI Pocket Controller (SOTI - Pocket Controller-Pro - Productivity, Presentations & Training) to do what we are looking for in Android. But as you, I have not found a single app that can do this... :(

Did you try androidscreencast? Do you have any feedback?

Pocket Controller was a great app. It allowed you to save screen shots to the PC and made it real easy to organize stuff in Windows Mobile. I don't miss my Treo but I do miss this app :mad:

Upvote 0
Hey guys!

The app is called Android VNC Server (Android VNC Server 0.2 | xda-developers) and it's FREE. With that application installed on your ROOTED Android device you can use any VNC client on your PC/Mac/Linux (like Real VNC [http://www.realvnc.com/products/free/4.1/download.html]) to connect from your computer to your phone. The single drawback right now is that you can just manage the screen. If you need to use the back, home, menu, or search button functionalities you would still need to use the real buttons on your phone.

There is another application called Webkey, which can be found in the Android Market. Again, you need a ROOTED phone in order to use it. That will give you all functionalities over your preferred web browser. The single drawback is limitations on the refresh rate. You will not have a real-time image, but the delay is not that bad (like 2 secs).

I hope that this helps. :D

Upvote 0
Hi dude.

I have been looking for such an application too. I was a PocketPC user and I used to use SOTI Pocket Controller (SOTI - Pocket Controller-Pro - Productivity, Presentations & Training) to do what we are looking for in Android. But as you, I have not found a single app that can do this... :(

Did you try androidscreencast? Do you have any feedback?

Yes, I'm using this SOTI since long time...and I want to buy Samsung Galaxy operated with Anroid sys....but I need the same Pocket controller that can be installed in my PC....Do you have a program that can be compatible with Anroid?

Upvote 0
This function is cool. But what is the use to remote control a phone in desktop? Cannot think of its usage

Making changes to contacts and file organization is easier to do on a PC than 1-2 finger typing and trying to navigate the phones menus.

Adding full contact info - addresses, and other pertinent info. I'd rather type on my PC @ 80 wpm than the 2 finger method @ significantly less, and make constant error corrections since I am not a texting fiend.

There are a myriad of programs available to control your computer from your phone, but not the reverse. I'd ask the same questions of those.

Upvote 0
Have you looked at 'MyPhoneExplorer'? See ... FJ Software Development ... I use it mainly for syncing between Outlook contacts and calendar and my Desire HD. But just checked and you can text from the app (on your desktop) as well. Plus mess around with the files as much as you like (subject to the limitations of a non-rooted phone - you'd have to check what else you can access with it rooted).

Dave

Upvote 0
All these years later and Im still looking for a SOTI compatible product for Android. They still have "coming soon" on their website.

Just for those who dont know SOTI, it emulates your phone screen onto your PC screen. Its great for presentations etc.

There is a emulator in the SDK, but from what I can gather it just emulates an Android device on your PC, and not your connected phone. If someone can clarify that for you that would be appreciated.

Anyone know of a product that can help here?

Thanks in advance
Glenn

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones