• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

View quest slate help!

Johnlocke1

Lurker
Dec 25, 2010
Hi,

I have just brought a Veiw quest slate 8 inch, it runs on android 1.5 however the is no Application market or store!!! its really annoying ive been told to download apps on my pc, APK or AKP i forget films and put them on my slate then open up the application "Application installer" however it still doesnt pick them up. This is why I always go to apply products...turn on...go to application store ...download, why does Android have to be so complicated?

Any help will be thanked for as im very stressed over this.

- Ben

How do I easily install apps onto my Slate device?

As you may know, Google restrict pre-installation of Google Marketplace on units without full phone functionality. Due to regrettable delays in releasing our own app store we have provided the following link to an existing app store to provide an easy way for you to start downloading apps -

AndAppStore : AndAppStore Client

This app store has been specifically designed to work with units running on Android 1.5 and offers an extremely simple way to browse and download apps to your unit.

To install, simply visit the above web link from your Slate device, on this page you will see the word 'Download' in bold, underneath this is a link titled 'Version 1.6.8', click on this link and it will download the .apk file to your device memory. It will then ask you if you wish to install the file - click OK. After a few seconds, the app store will be installed, and visible in the Slate's application menu.

When you open the app store on your Slate, you can browse the apps by new, most popular, and a selection of categories.

Because of the nature of the Android software developing community, please be aware that some apps will be optimized for use on a 2-3" screen. We endeavor to keep adding the latest apps to the store throughout 2011, so please keep checking back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones