View websites normally

1. jimbojones69

jimbojones69 Member

Whenever I go to certain individual sites they might have a mobile version of it which my ATRIX 4g automatically chooses to use. I prefer to view my webpages the regular way simply because it is the way most other users view - which makes it obviously the better choice. So does anyone know how to change the settings of the android browser so it doesn't bother with the insignificant counterpart? Thanks so much,

Sincerely
    jimbojones:D

Advertisement
  2. WolfmanRobby

WolfmanRobby Well-Known Member

Most websites DETECT what web browser you are using and serve up the right page.

However, if you do notice a page loading as something like m.google.com, type in the full address (Put in the WWW instead of the M). Sometimes that works. Sometimes you have to look for a link on the mobile version of the web page that says "Vew full site."

On Blackberry, we could go into the browser and choose if we wanted it to identify itself as Blackberry, IE or Firefox to trick websites. I've yet to find such a setting in the default browser on Android.
  3. cys920622

cys920622 Well-Known Member

Works better in Dolphin browser - you can set the agent to Firefox, IE, etc.

It will automatically give you the desktop version of everything.
  4. WolfmanRobby

You know, I hardly use Dolphin browser since I got FireFox mobile. I've almost forgotten about it.
  5. bucks13

bucks13 Active Member

Does firefox mobile also allow flash like the native browser? Does it perform any compression like skyfire?
  6. WolfmanRobby

Flash works fine in firefox.

If it does compression, I haven't noticed it in image quality.

Also, FireFox on the phone will Sync with FireFox on your Computer. Meaning, you can synch your sessions, favorites, history, and open tabs. It's a SWEET feature!
    bucks13 likes this.
  7. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Well-Known Member

I tried the new version of Dolphin HD but immediately removed it. Used previous versions and it was fine but with the new version, when tapping on the search box, it would bring up the text window but no keyboard, so I had no way of actually typing anything, as though it expected me to have a slideout keyboard. Any on-screen text box would do this. Tried re-installing with same results.
  8. bucks13

bucks13 Active Member

Good to know, I'll have to check it out. Thanks.