Viewing a contacts postal addressSupport

Last Updated:

1. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for the really dumb question but is there any way to view a contacts postal address without editing that contact? (I mean view the actual address so you can write it down onto an envelope not view it's location on a map)

Using sim free HTC Legend (not rooted or anything)

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. blundell

blundell Well-Known Member

Once it's viewed on the map you can click the little pointer and it will show you the address.

Have you tried long pressing the address item, this does nothing on the Nexus One but just checking Hero

3. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah that kind of works although some of the addresses are quite long and this doesn't show the post code (UK) it does splash the full address up in the searching [address] message although you have to write really quick to get it all!

Long pressing does nothing at all..

Cheers for the suggestion though.

4. cmjrjd

cmjrjd New Member

This is no small problem for me, too. I cannot believe such a basic need (viewing an address) is not possible without having to launch Google maps first!

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you would do it in Sense UI. In stock Android, all you do is press the name of the contact in the dialer and it shows the address.

6. jettimadhu

jettimadhu New Member

Hi,
    While entering the postal address in contacts, for ZipCode field, by default i have to show numbers keypad. I would like to know is there any way to recognize passcode and pincode editor types.
    Thanks ...