Viewing Archived Outlook Email on i1?Support

Last Updated:

1. needsaboat

needsaboat New Member This Topic's Starter

My company just bought me an i1 and I can't figure out how to view Outlook emails that have already been archived on my computer. I put the "archive.pst" file on my SD but I can't open it. Anyone have any input or experience they can share? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. needsaboat

Nothing? I would think there would be a demand for this...

3. Misbehavin'

Misbehavin' Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of any app for the i1 that will open a .pst. You certainly won't be able to sync it wirelessly either.

If the items are something you need fairly often, why not leave them in Outlook/Exchange?

4. needsaboat

The problem with that is, our server won't allow enough space without archiving every week or two.

5. Misbehavin'

Misbehavin' Well-Known Member

Unfotunately the best solution for you would be to seek additional storage for your mailbox. If it's a server storage issue, maybe you, or someone else, could make the case for an upgrade. Moving the Exchange databases/logs (I'm assuming Exchange) to larger drives is a simple task with minimal downtime. Server storage is realitively cheap as well, although fault tolerance should be considered when upgrading storage.

Obviously I don't know if that's possible as I'm not familar with your situation. However, opening a .pst on your device isn't going to be something that's feasilble.

One other suggestion, and bear in mind this may violate your corporate policies, would be to setup a mailbox rule to forward a copy of your mail to Gmail (or another account). This would be a workaround, and provide you a larger mailbox if your corporate one is very small. Bear in mind that you may be subject to disiplinary action if it's a violation of your corporate policy though.

6. needsaboat

Misbehavin', thanks for all the suggestions. I don't want to make a huge deal about this with my company as it really isn't that critical, but would be a great convenience at times. I may look into the gmail rule.