viewing attachments on Galaxy S

1. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Well-Known Member

I own the Vibrant and use gmail. Its the only email synced with the phone.

Ive learned that when you using the Gmail app, it wont let you view attachments that are in a format you cant view. I got an email with a video attached that was recorded on an iphone. Its in the .mov format. It wont let me mess with the attachment in the gmail app but when I got to the website gmail.com, it lets me save that file. When I went to open the file, it said....format not supported.

Is this true? Can the Galaxy S really not view videos shot on an iphone? Is there an app in the market for this? I know I can convert the file when im on a mac or PC but I want to view it on my vibrant.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. ObsceneJesster

ObsceneJesster Active Member

There are a couple apps in the market that will let you download attachments directly from your gmail app. Just do a market search for "gmail attachments".
  3. ndwgolf

ndwgolf Well-Known Member

I did but my galaxy nexus doesnt have a sd card and all the apps are for sd card downloads
  4. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

This is with all Android phones not just your brand.
    You could try Rocket player lite from the Market. I just downloaded it to test a .mov but when I used AllShare app to transfer a .mov to the phone it changed if from mov to MP4 and I can not get my USB connection to the computer working at the moment.