viewing digital comics

Last Updated:

1. comicman54

comicman54 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, I am an enthusiastic comic and graphic novel reader. Recently I've purchased a chinese MID PMP, 7" tablet pc running on android 2.1 OS. Can anyone help with this query?

My problem is not being able to view public domain digital comics on this device. From my net searches, I gather there is no "standardised" comic format but many...e.g. tar, cbr, cbx etc.

I can view lots of modern comics (without any comic readers) such as those by robot and haves no problem and the graphics are good. However, I have downloaded an app named vintage droid, which has many of my favourite old time comics from the 40's onwards. The problem is, I've tried opening these after downloading them to my tablet pc, but on opening, they look pixelated??? so are unreadable!

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what's happpening here? I've also loaded some different comic readers and can't quite understand them as they don't seem to be very user friendly for newbies or non 'techie' type people like me!

I'm now at the stage where I've come up against a brick wall and don't know what to do next. Can anyone help please?

Advertisement
  2. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

I'm just like you, but I gave up on Droid for reading comics and got an Ipad and will never go back to reading on Droid until they catch up. Its just not worth it. Other than that I can't help with your specific question. Have you tried the ACV droid app?