Viewing Word and Adobe attachmentsSupport

Last Updated:

1. capitoldog

capitoldog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I cannot open attachments from my work email. When I try to open Word documents with ThinkFree, the documents just have symbols on it. So I dowloaded Documents 2 Go (which I used with my Treo). When I open with that, it says "It cannot be opened because it appears to be a plain text file". And the PDF file, with ThinkFree, said Error opening file. It may not be valid PDF file. (But it is a normal Adobe file we use all the time at work). What am I doing wrong??

Advertisement
  2. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

I can't answer for Thinkfree as I never tried it, but I've always used Documents to go which is basically Microsoft office + PDF...

3. capitoldog

Same with me. I used Doc 2 Go with my Treo for the last 4 years. But I downloaded it and it won't open my Word docs either. It just says..."It cannot be opened because it appears to be a plain text file"??

4. Keybeeetsss

Maybe it is the file then.. I had 1 like that beore that. Wouldn't even open on my computer.. otherwise, I've neva had an issue with any type on Doc 2go...

5. capitoldog

No... I am trying to open Word files that I can open on computers at home and at work. Thanks anyway.

6. Keybeeetsss

Oh.. Well that 1 is way above my pay grade :)