Viewpad 7 wifi problemSupport

1. Mikst

Mikst New Member

Hi all I'm new to the forum.

I've just bought the viewpad 7 for my daughter as a Xmas present. I thought I would try to see if it was ok. I turned wifi on and it found my home network and I put the pass key in then It goes through the procededure Authenticating, Scanning, disconnecting It keeps doing this and it won't connect. I don't have a sim card or sd card inserted yet could this be why it won't connect? I thought I might of been able to try it without these inserted. Can any member try theirs without the sim or sd card and let me know if wifi still works before I go out and buy an sd card please? Or get my money back?

Thanks, Mick.

Advertisement
    :
  2. fv1620

fv1620 Member

Mick. I've only had mine a few days. Not used a sim card yet & was running on wifi for a few days before I got the SD card. Clive

PS Have you found a manual for it? The booklet in the box had only a couple of English pages on "getting started".

I went on line to the maker's site. I could download a FAQ list. Then there was a choice of two user manuals in pdf. One of which was very big, 18Mgb I think. Anyway I was unable to download either as Firefox said the action to follow the link would be unable to result in a successful download!

I'm just learning by trial & error & the experience with an android phone. But it would have been nice to have supported their product a bit better.