• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viewsonic G-Tablet review UPDATE

@Rushmore on 11/13/10 -
I just got a Gtab yesterday; downloaded the update from Viewsonic and started playing with it. The Gsensor burp I refer is that when it is in Landscape and I set it down flat on a table, it flips to Portrait after about 10 secs. Is this the type of problem you mention in your 11/13 comment on the acclerator?
Also, sometimes when using the browser or viewing a video, it jumps to the home page when the tab is tilted (I verified that my fingers were nowhere near the 'home' button or 'back button'); it does this intermittently.
I called tech support to ask about this and was told that it may be firmware or hardware, no way to know and that a future update may fix it.
My solution right now is to exchange it.
Any thoughts on this anyone?
Thanks

That sometimes happens to me, but I figure it is due to the angle the G was in just before placing it down on a surface. The movie issue is odd. Try Rockplayer, since the hardware acceleration works great and more codecs work. This assumes you have modded and have the market. Else you can side load the app.

Modding is easy and worth it, but XDA is the place to go and research first.

Upvote 0
That sometimes happens to me, but I figure it is due to the angle the G was in just before placing it down on a surface. The movie issue is odd. Try Rockplayer, since the hardware acceleration works great and more codecs work. This assumes you have modded and have the market. Else you can side load the app.

Modding is easy and worth it, but XDA is the place to go and research first.
Thanks. Because of the 'Home Page' problem happening when using the browser too, I am going to exchange it. If the same occurs, modding is the next step. I have all the files necessary to mod it but I wanted to resolve the 'home page' problem first. I'll post the results after the exchange.
Thanks for your quick reply.

Upvote 0
I exchanged my Gpad. After charging I tested the Gsensor prior to downloading the update. Works good, it stays in landscape after setting it on a flat table, does not go to 'home page' when viewing videos or using the browser. Very stable .. but slow.
After downloading the update, it is stable in landscape. Apparently I had a bad Gsensor or a very sensitive one.
Now to mod it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones