• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Viewsonic gTablet won't charge?

Hi folks,

My husband recently bought a gTablet from Woot. It arrived Friday (April 1!), and he spent a lot of time yesterday loading documents on it that he wants to use.

However, today (Sunday), he finds that the device won't charge. When he plugged in the power cord this morning the red charge light came on, then went off again. Now the red light doesn't come on at all and the device is not detecting a power source. He tried moving the cord to a different outlet, but that didn't help.

He's worried that the problem might be with the tablet itself and not the charger.

Has anyone else had experience with this problem?

Thanks for any advice!

Lorraine

I have one from Woot! also and it is charging just fine. Sounds like you've (or your husband) has pretty much covered the basics and since the light DID come on then go off, sounds more like an issue with the tablet.

I do remember that the charger is a two piece affair and you might take the adapter off and reinstall it just to make sure that connection is good (prongs that go into the outlet) but that's pretty much "last ditch" type of thing. Sounds to me like the tablet will have to go back.

Too bad because I sure am enjoying mine. (not meant to rub salt in a wound, sorry)

Reactions: lporcello
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones