Viewsonic V350 - Seeking recovery.img

1. MALAMB

MALAMB New Member

Hi,

I have managed to mess-up the recovery partition - it sticks in ''enter Recovery mode".

Tried and failed with Clockworkmod and now trying to restore to original, so I can install the OTA update to Gingerbread.

Can anyone please direct me to a working recovery.img for this phone ?

Can connect, use fastboot, adb etc. to flash the file, but cannot locate one that actually boots successfully into recovery mode :-(

A full stock rom of the device would be ideal, but would settle for recovery.img ?

Many Thanks
    Kind Regards
    Mark

Advertisement
  2. gslongo

gslongo Member

Hi have the same problem.. Looking for a solution tooo :confused:
  3. MALAMB

MALAMB New Member

Hi,

I did manage to fix it - if you still have the problem, let me know and I'll try to remember, and then write up how I did it ! :D

Once the recovery.img was replaced, the OTA update installed automatically.

Regards
    Mark
  4. gslongo

gslongo Member

How did you replaced it ?
    I just tried but it seems to be not working. I have this when I reboot in a recovery mode : http://www.wirelessandmobilenews.com/1010art/android_system_recovery-01.jpg
  5. MALAMB

MALAMB New Member

I will have to think about it, I tried so much and go so frustrated, that when it finally worked, I was just relieved !

Did you locate a valid recovery.img, if so where from (I can arrange to send you mine, if that helps?). I eventually managed to extract the one from the OTA update that Viewsonic sent out.

Mark
  6. gslongo

gslongo Member

I extracted the recovery.img from the factory 2.2.2 firmware found there : https://rapidshare.com/files/1817412540/FAD-3510-0-0014-A01.nb0

I flashed it with the flash_image tool.. But it's not working :-(
  7. Green Tentacle

Green Tentacle New Member

Does everyone else think this phone is useless? Or is it just me?
  8. gslongo

gslongo Member

Okay I got it ! I just installed the recovery.img packaged in the gingerbread update with the flash_image tool (need to be root).
  9. Cuoco92

Cuoco92 New Member

Hi gslongo. Can you upload the "recovery.img" for viewsonic v350 please? How can i flash ist into system?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Cuoco92
  10. Cuoco92

Cuoco92 New Member

I got it too now:))
  11. SRISRIANDROID

SRISRIANDROID Member

Could you please explain me the process.. step by step....?
    Thanks.