Viewsonic ViewPad 7e on the way to me. UPDATEDGeneral

1. nuismer

nuismer Active Member

I have a Viewsonic ViewPad 7e on the way tonight. I bought it from Amazon and I should get it the middle of next week. I'll give my impressions of it a few days after I get it. I'm really looking forward to see how it compares with the other tablets that I have.

Update: I have used the 7e now for several days and these are my impressions of the tablet.

BUILD QUALITY. Although all plastic, it feels strong and fits the hand well. It has a slight creak when pressing the middle of the bottom in landscape mode.

OPERATION. Have not had any freezes or slow operation at any time. Loaded many apps from the Amazon App store and 1Mobile Market and no slowdown. (Many Amazon App store Apps will not load without a SD card in the unit). Loaded Quadrant from the 1Mobile store and ran - 1100+ score on Quadrant.

BATTERY LIFE. Good - ran for ten hours (about three in sleep mode) and still had 13% battery life.

SCREEN. Here is where it really fails for me. The screen visibility angles are just as poor as the Viewsonic G Tab. In landscape mode if you tilt the top of the unit towards you, it rapidly darkens out (heavy contrast). If you tilt the bottom towards you, if fades out (loss of contrast). The screen is resistive. There is a heavy plastic film over the glass that needs to touch the glass to register a touch. As long as you are just selecting a icon, it works OK. But when you are trying to "flick" to move a list or a "swipe" to move a page, you more often than not activate the item rather than what you want to do.

OVERALL. I really like the 7e but the lack of a capacitive screen means that I will be returning the unit.

Advertisement
    :