• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vignette or Camera 360 Pro?

What Camera App for Droid X?

• Vignette

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Camera 360 PRO

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Please explain in post)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Willyg44

Aug 3, 2010
Hope this hasn't been discussed specifically for the Droid X. I was wondering what everyone thinks would be the best camera app for the Droid X's camera? I'd like to get more out of my camera, and have heard that if you want to, you should download either one of these apps. Even though they are only a few bucks each, I like to research my purchases beforehand! So can anyone lend me advice on which app to choose or which is better for what? Thanks a lot!

Also, if anyone has pics they have taken with either app, that would be highly appreciated to compare!!

Vignette is definetly a better camera app. The number of settings and filters are incredible. I only used the demo version because my card isn't authorized to purchase internationally but the quality if the pics even on the demo far surpassed the stock camera app. But like I said I'm stuck with camera 360, but its not a bad choice either.

Upvote 0
I don't care for fancy effects in my pics (and I'd use Photoshop if I wanted to do that) but I use both apps and prefer Camera 360 Pro mainly because the pics (for me) are sharper. The only issue I have with 360 is night focusing - it does seem to have issues with it. This is where Vignette comes in. I use it for night shots and 360 (until I figure out a better setting or they update it) for daylight pics.

Upvote 0
It comes down to the number of filters (which can be done on a PC with something like Photoshop too), and the interface. Vignette has a slight edge in my mind. It is more intuitive & the layout slicker. It also seems less bloated 460kb vs 3.69 MB of Camera360. Camera360 leaves a service running in the Android background, Vignette does processing in the background but the service automatically stops when it's done. Also Vignette has nice touches like disabling phone lock when the camera app is open. When I'm taking photos I often turn off the screen and walk around, then take a pic, Camera360 forces me to swipe to unlock, an extra uncessary step. I do like camera360's adjustable stabilization settings though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones