• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root VillainROM 10.3.0 - How do I add Apps2SD

jikohu

May 4, 2010
Romania
Hello

I just installed VillainROM 10.3.0 and here it says:

Code:
What extras are included/What’s been done?

Custom OC Kernel (up to 690mhz), thanks to our very own Kendon.
Superuser – ROOT access
Busybox
VPN Modules
[B]Apps2SD[/B] !!!!!!!
Optimizations to cache management
Multi language support
Voice search and dialer
Optimized applications
HTC modified keyboard
Gallery 3D
Wifi Tethering via aNetShare

but I cannot find Apps2SD anywhere :(

I tried installing an app hoping that it will automatically be installed on the SDcard, but no - it installed on the phone memory.

Also I searched Apps2SD in Market and found nothing (I suppose it's not there)...

Please give me some hints because I really need it (Apps2SD) :D

Apps2SD is already running on that ROM. You need to create the ext3 partition on your SD card before anything will be moved over. Once you create that partition, the next time you boot it will take a long time while it's moving the apps over.

The Apps2SD on that ROM only moves the apps, the dalvik cache is still on the phone. If you want to move dalvik as well, there's a patch you can apply from the sense guys called a2sd-2.5-signed.zip and that will move everything to SD.

Reactions: 1ceb0x
Upvote 0
I don't know how you could possibly NOT run out of internal space... unless you limit yourself to a small number of apps. I was running out of internal space even with apps2sd and ended up moving the dalvik over. I didn't give up as much space on my SD like some people, only 1 GB and it's about half used up.

Do you really need Apps2SD? Are you running out of space in your internal memory? Personally I've never run out of space on the internal memory, I do have Apps2SD enabled on my phone, I did it because I thought it was a good idea, it wasn't, all I've done is reduce space on my SD card for something that I didn't really need. But if you really need the space then go for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones