1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

VillainROM 12.0.0 Final - WWE Android 2.1 by TeamVillain....released!

1. stoney73

stoney73 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    spartan11 and redrover like this.
  2. premiump

premiump Well-Known Member

Yippee. Time to give this a whirl ... downloading now :D
  3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Bah, i need to wait till tonight now, how is it guys?
  4. premiump

So far ... everything just "works", which is what I have been waiting for :cool:

Need to test Navigation and bluetooth sync in my car, but I'll be doing that in the next half an hour or so on the way to work.

Of course, I was using 6.0.1, and the new GSM 2.1 ROM's should blow that out of the water anyway.

Happy so far :D
  5. stoney73

so far , so good, just did a dalvik wipe, so everything is still where it was, and so far, no FC's, no problems. friendstream is back, livewallpapers works, quite happy.
  6. Captain Stu

Captain Stu Well-Known Member

My mate in work just upgrading to 12 and I can conclusively confirm that not performing a full wipe before doing it will not work :D it wouldn't start the Sense process on startup so it's deffo a good idea to wipe out everything and start from scratch.
  7. stoney73

Erm, your mate at work is talking poppycock lol:p. Technically. I was already testing the beta version 11.9.1 villain, so it already has the same base. I only did a dalvik and its fine. no odd occurrences.:D

However, if you are coming from say, having villain 6 being instaled on the hero, then you have to wipe everything:eek:.

My fault, for not being a bit clearer in my previous post:(.
  8. Captain Stu

He only had Android 1.5 on it and then didn't wipe anything, just loaded a new ROM just to see what would happen. I don't think much work is getting done here today coz we're all messing with our Heros hahaha!
  9. tojjer

tojjer Well-Known Member

Oh goolies !!!!
    Only put 11.9.1 on last night......here we go again
  10. stoney73

just dalvik wipe and flash then. at least everything will be where it was. thats what I did, no problems so far.
    tojjer likes this.
  11. Captain Stu

Hahahaha, so using that today. :D

I wish I wasn't stuck in work... or that I'd brought my chuffing laptop with me today... worst thing is, we have a Linux PC here that I could do the partition on but I don't have a micro-SD to USB converter on me, left it on my other utility belt. :(
  12. tojjer

tojjer Well-Known Member

And HTC / Orange have been / and are faffing around and can't get 2.1 out to its' customers!!!!!!
  13. Captain Stu

Yeah, Orange are officially off my christmas card list now but nevermind, the problems with them led me to rooting so it has a silver lining after all. :D
  14. enemi

enemi Active Member

Just flashed this ROM and everything was smooth sailing.
    Coming from Modaco 3.1, 1.5 custom ROM.
    Reboot was really quick, took less than 5minutes.
    Really happy with this ROM, quick and responsive. :D
    Gonna have a gander at the new features!
  15. islandmixed

islandmixed Well-Known Member

I only just put version 10 on other day...so might as well try this out since its been updated. after this thoe NO more flashing for me, i think its a waste of time cause all we want is a damn official update, nothing amazing happens to my phone with flashing all these new roms...lol just keeping it honest. only downfalls are some things might not work with certain roms.

cheers
  16. tojjer

tojjer Well-Known Member

Well if this v12 is as good as it sounds, and is as good or better than 11, Orange can stick their official one up their jacksey !!

:)
  17. tojjer

tojjer Well-Known Member

Same problem as v11.
    Try to O/C to 748800 mhz and it freezes my phone up solid. Needs a battery pull/restart to get it going again. Same thing happened at 710000mhz !

But, if you're on v11, just wiping the dalvik works fine and you don't lose anything.
    Thanks stoney
  18. stoney73

just remember, like pc chips, not all cpu's are made equally..........I have two i7's, one loves 4ghz, the other almost fried. same specs. same batch.
    tojjer likes this.
  19. stoney73

+1

until froyo appears of course......:p
  20. islandmixed

islandmixed Well-Known Member

I flashed 12 today...seems very fast & no errors at the moment so i will stick with this one for now...prolly the best rom ive tried from villain. hated their others
  21. Captain Stu

Sounds promising, I shall add my two cents worth tonight after I've done it.

:D
  22. premiump

Really happy with this ROM, GPS and Navigation were a breeze ... and it even paused when I took a call over bluetooth, only to resume flawlessly when I'd finished. MMS just worked (first time ever for me with a ROM) ... which was a huge sigh of relief. Keyboard is quick and responsive with Handcent SMS ... it literally "just feels right".

Its took a long time coming (since I rooted), but I finally feel as though I have a ROM I can use long-term ... it is light-years ahead of the ROM (6.0.1) I have used for the last month or so.

:D
  23. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Downloading now....*Excited*

Does Facebook sync with contacts????????
  24. tojjer

tojjer Well-Known Member

It is a great ROM, don't know about Facebook though as I don't use it
  25. premiump

Mine did ... without prompting! :D
    Jaffa likes this.