VillainRom to Stock HELP? :(

Last Updated:

1. DeanHobden

DeanHobden New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there, I have a T-Mobile G2 Touch (HTC Hero) and I want to go back to the stock T-Mobile ROM, but I've been told that if I re-flash then it'll brick my phone?!

I'm running the latest version of VillainROM 10.3.2 and I found that I may need a Nandroid backup or something? If someone could possibly re-direct me to where I need to find a Nandroid recovery image for my phone, I'd be greatful!

EDIT: I used flashrec to make a back up of the recovery image or some sort? On my SD card is "recovery-backup.img"?

I've been told I can install the official HTC stock ROM RUU running the exe then flashing the recovery-backup.img?

If anyone could confirm, that'd be awesome!

Thanks very much :)

Advertisement
  2. stoney73

stoney73 Well-Known Member

3. DeanHobden

4. philmein

philmein New Member

just downgrade to official 1.5 not 2.1 then you will be able to root your phone again
    using the same method you used in the beginning.

5. DeanHobden

So I just run the OFFICIAL T-Mobile G2 Touch (Android 1.5) from the T-Mobile website (running the EXE I downloaded) and then it's fixed?!

I don't need root, neither want it either, so if anyone can confirm that this is correct ^, then I'll do it :)

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yeah, all that's required is to run the official firmware installer.exe. It will completely wipe over anything you've modified and give you stock 1.5 (including the normal recovery image).

Restoring your original recovery image shouldn't affect it. The only time it is required is when installing OTA firmware updates.