Violet screen when coming out of sleepSupport

Last Updated:

1. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So sometimes when I come out of sleep (<<< EDIT: when the phone comes out of sleep :p) , screen goes well opens violet. Like darker and more contrast. (its not the brightness I have a blue desktop and it gets violet) In every screen even if I run an app. Didnt try some fullscreen game with landscape change and I will include pics. Maybe even try if shoot me catches something. But I doubt its software. Suspecting its setcpu(when sleep set 160/240) or the new launcherpro?

nedamdam's Apps on the phone

I searched the forums and only one result came from this and was my thread which has nothing to do with this since i dont use the screenguard anymore. Dunno whats with me and the violet , btw its my favorite color :p

Anyone has the same experience ? Or like the color violet? :D

And sorry if this was answered anywhere I tried to look and search.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

It's your overclocking speeds.

Some phones (like mine :( ) can't deal with speeds less than 250/350. They will either take forever to come out of sleep mode, or the screen will be purple.

You'll have to experiment with the underclocking speeds you use.

nedamdam likes this.
  3. nedamdam

Ha "purple" keyword :D gotcha that worked and to your thread which I read actually but not careful enough :D since I use setcpu and I guess you the overclock widget :)

Ah, well waking up no problem. Its not lagging, tested calls, sms and emails receiving in sleep, even set 160/160 just as precaution I set 160/245 strangely I feel that the 160/160 was more stable and there wasnt any lag at all. When pressing the power button or menu2x its fast kicking back to 528 (245/528)

But the purple/violet screen gets after a longer use when the hero from itself becomes sluggish but this was the case even even before root. After a while it just slows down. Or there has to be some other reason well requirement met (like some running app in background, or closing pausing something)... since as I wrote this question I tried it 70 times and it didnt come back....

It even runs lower 120Mhz (well the set cpu app :p didnt try it on sleep or app) . . This screen I saw 4 times i guess today. Btw I played even Replica Island on 245Mhz was strangely lagging then as I closed it setcpu was stuck on my sleep profile.

It helped when push the power button and back. So this issue took to fix always about a second. Still wanted to know the cause :) . Now that I know it I guess I can easily let it go to its 160 I mean for sleep. Or can something else happen? (The display wont be stuck like that once forever right? D:).

Anyway thanks already soo much and you can erase me if you have the power so I dont double post :)

4. Xyro

It seems to vary depending on my ROM/kernel for me. I swear back in the old days of 1.5 I could underclock to like 160 too. But recently I seem to be stuck in the 350-690 range. When I set mine too low I start getting the purple screen, and lower than that the phone is veeeeery slow to turn on. (Especially when I tried a ROM that could go all the way to 19MHz :p). The purple screen can be sorted by switching the screen off and on again though, like you say. So if you don't get any slowdown, and can live with the purple, you may as well underclock even lower :)

So are you saying the phone gets sluggish after it's been on a while? Or that it gets sluggish and the purple screen starts happening? Using an app like Autokiller, which makes the android OS keep more RAM free, should hopefully sort out the sluggishness. The purple screen bug however, doesn't seem to be connected with the length of time the phone's been on for me. Nor did it happen before I rooted.

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The key is to experiment, and don't tick "set at boot" unless you're 100% confident so that you don't lock up instantly on restart! I speak from experience. :eek:

I was having the same issue with 245/325, but found my Hero is happy with 160/325 using the VillainROM 12 kernel.

nedamdam likes this.
  6. nedamdam

Oh I have a stock 2.1 with frozen htc sense and most of the htc widgets + apps. (Not with the G-sensor fix which I am not sure wasnt a hoax, or they stopped it and will do some nasty thing with it like take my root away :()

It happened now :) Soo I guess its random :)

Autokiller is already on my list, till now I have been doing this manually with TB freezing and autostarts and taskkillers I dont like to have even apps like these running in the background :D

Well since I have stock I cant even set at boot since I have to do always the "disable perflock" so after every reboot I have to underclock it manually :D but will test and thanks for the info. Oh and I dont have the 325 using setcpu device detection. 19 120 160 245 480 528

One question though, how could I test the sleep best and after how long? I mean setting up 120/120 and waiting how long? When does the real sleep state kicks in? Cuz now I tested it after ten mins in 120/120 and call came in alright.

Hmm works so far, I suspect my hero doesnt like 160 :D or the switch from 160-245. Will see later. if this works I will set up 120-245 as sleep

7. Xyro

For me, if I have the underclock speed too low it causes problems every time without fail. So like 2 seconds would be enough time for it to go wrong.

8. nedamdam

Wow. Cool so 120/120 could work for me actually. If it actually underclocks. The widget says it does. But how can I be sure? At 248 even the app drawer from launcher pro lags :p.

In setcpu The 19 Mhz when I set that. It jumps to 528. Like I put 19 min and 528 max and it always jumps to 528 leaving the middle steps out. When I set 120 it stays there. only setcpu running.

Even in his notes I dont know how much the main screen setting has priority. Dunno if I should set it up to the global minimum so it actually enables the 120/120 or it has nothing to do and the profiles overwrite its settings. Since the normal setting is 245/528 for me and I am thinking to go 120/528.

9. Xyro

I think there's a way to check the log files of SetCPU, but I can't remember how (I'm using CPUSpeed now). You should have a poke around in the app. Then you could see if it really did go to 120.

You won't be able to get it to stick at 19MHz because it's not one of the allowed values by your kernel. You only have like 5 or so values to choose from, like 120, 528 and so on.

I think the main screen settings are enabled only when no other profile is enabled. So you set your screen on speed in the main page (I'd go 528-528) and then make a sleep profile of 120-120 or whatever.

nedamdam likes this.
  10. nedamdam

Thanks will do that :)

11. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

With SetCPU, check the Info tab and look for "Time in State". It shows a list of supported frequencies and the time the CPU has spent at each.

nedamdam likes this.
  12. Xyro

That's the one :)

13. nedamdam

[​IMG]

What I just now realized. It goes down to 122 even on call :p . Screen off doesnt have to mean sleep state dunno why I assumed that :D. Well the call was ok. (Still running the 120/120 in off) Anyway really thanks guys :)