VIP Email Settings?Support

Last Updated:

1. katesings

katesings Member

I use the stock email program on the note, and honestly it works fine, however on my previous phone (iPhone 4) there was a setting called VIP. This setting would prioritize emails from specific users of my choice, so that they would stand out and I could configure notifications seperately for them.

For reference I have 2 different exchange accounts linked to the email program. I've tried to use non-stock email programs however, I don't want to have to switch profiles to check the different accounts.

Or is there a way to color code different email accounts?

2. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

Something similar although not the same as VIP, I had that on my Ipad also before I sold it for being redundant ;)
    Ok hit the stock email app/ left soft button/settings/General Preferences....scroll down and hit Priority senders, then add your choices ;)
    katesings likes this.
  3. whitecollar

whitecollar Clericus Geekicus VIP Member

If you use the Gmail app you can make the 'priority inbox' the default. What I do is have my other email forward to the Gmail app. There are lots of third party apps which are good. K9 had some features I really liked and I used it for quite a while.
  4. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I don't think there's a way to color code the different email accounts, but you can Name them however you like, so that they can be distinguished by name. I currently have 2 gmail accounts, 2 email accounts (setup through exchange) and 1 pop mail (AOL). All of them have different titles, so that I can distinguish the emails that come in on the notification bar.

As for the VIP function that was on the iPhone, I know that the Gmail app has a function that can be set to give priority to emails from specific senders, but I don't know if the stock email app has that capability.
  5. katesings

katesings Member

Thanks for showing me this, I've added addresses to my priority senders and nothing changed. I have gotten emails from those on my priority senders list and they are in no way marked differently and, I thought there was supposed to be a priority mailbox, but that didn't show up. Anything I am missing?
  6. BWB8771

BWB8771 Active Member

@katesings - did you ever succeed in getting the Priority Senders settings to do anything for you?

I'm rather keen to get that to work but, from my Googling it seems it will really only work for POP email, not my Exchange OTA-type accounts. Boo.