• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin 3G Data Reported To Be Out Nationwide - Now Back Up

TVCCS

Android Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2011
According to posts on the VM Facebook page...from customers...they are being told by VM escalation that the data network is down nationwide...with a fix expected in a few hours. The major outage began mid-day on Wednesday. Yummy.

Note: As of 1:30AM EST on Thursday, 3/10/11, service is back up...here at least, and per other reports, elsewhere. I ran an SMS test and that was received and sent okay as well.

Reactions: musick
Just got off the phone with vm. The guy told me they are upgrading the whole system and "are working as fast as they can" to get it up and runing again. Then he said I should wait until the morning and check my phone then. Let's just hope...
Btw I am also in NJ. Maybe it's a regional thing. Who knows...

after reading this. dont hope for actual time . i was told in 4 hours and i got 45 min left on the clock to see the truth. i wonder what other time schedule did they say to other lg v users as well :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Thanks for the post since I dont use FB.

I have not had 3G since 5pm (California). Been searching online and tried to 'activate' the phone again, restart, etc. to no avail.

Phone still works fine for me, outgoing and incoming.

As long as these types of outages are not common, Im OK w/ it. Considering the price and all.

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with vm. The guy told me they are upgrading the whole system and "are working as fast as they can" to get it up and runing again. Then he said I should wait until the morning and check my phone then. Let's just hope...
Btw I am also in NJ. Maybe it's a regional thing. Who knows...

Upgrading? Well if that is true I hope it means that all the other problems most of us have been having with the 3G before this outage will be fixed once and for all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones