• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin any good

Haven't used them for a while but they do use EE as their network... So if you're happy with network coverage then virgin will be the same...

They don't offer 4g though.. But they do offer unlimited tariffs unlike EE..

Even if you don't go for the mobile service.. There are android apps for programming your TiVo... And streaming on some devices like sky go.

Upvote 0
Haven't used them for a while but they do use EE as their network... So if you're happy with network coverage then virgin will be the same...

They don't offer 4g though.. But they do offer unlimited tariffs unlike EE..

Even if you don't go for the mobile service.. There are android apps for programming your TiVo... And streaming on some devices like sky go.

Thanks for your reply psionandy, I have 4G with EE and I'm not impressed as I don't get coverage in the house and Glasgow city centre these days isn't any better, so not bothered about that. Might give them a try then.

Upvote 0
STAY AWAY FROM VIRGIN MOBILE!!

Virgin is the worst provider I have ever had. I used to go with the $35 dollar top up plan with unlimted talk/text. Seemed good at first but it wasn't until I started using more of my internet that the problems started.

I am almost always hooked up to Wifi so I hardly ever used up any of my internet usage which is capped at 2GB. However, recently I moved and went a few days without Wifi, so my usage went up from near zero to 600MB. After 600MB they throttled my service. No matter what I did I could not even load a simple google search engine web page.

I called Virgin and they repeatedly denied that they were throttling me. They kept telling me the solution was to take out my battery and wait 5 minutes and then try again. LMAO??!! Really? Then they told me that I had to renew my plan to stop the throttling, but why I was only at 600MB where the cap for throttling starts at 2GB.

Do yourself a favor and stay way from Virgin. They throttle their customers to get you to renew (pay again) for your services. They are scammers in my book. Stay away!

Upvote 0
Threads on Virgin Mobile really need the country as part of the title, such as "Virgin Mobile UK." It looks like there are currently about 8 different Virgin Mobiles (Australia, Canada, France, Poland, South Africa, UK, USA, Latin America).

Unfortunately, if you do not add the country, you could possibly get answers about any of them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones