verngator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I

Advertisement
  2. carguy4471

carguy4471 Member

verngator likes this.
  3. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

If you're familiar with your hero, and adb, I would strongly suggest going with toasts part 1 n 2 of rooting. I never do 1 2 3 click anythings. I prefer to do it myself, and make sure its done correctly. That way you don't have problems in the future

verngator likes this.
  4. verngator

UGH, I spent most of yesterday on this and had to set it aside.

First I tried SimpleRoot but it didnt' work. So I went to the step by step but kept receiving the "Main version is older" "Update fail" error message at the "skating Androids" screen.

Figured out that the SimpleRoot I was using won't work for my EVO as-is because it came with 1.47.651.1.

So I found a SimpleRoot for 1.47.651.1, read the notes, and discovered that I have an issue with HBOOT (from xda-):

"Note: This process will only work if you already have the engineering HBOOT. (If you have NAND unlocked, you already have it and can proceed confidently.) If you'd like to check the actual version, you can boot into HBOOT and look near the top of the screen: it should say HBOOT-0.76.2000, not 0.79.0000. If you have 0.79.0000, you will need to do Toast's Part 2 first before starting here."

I have the 0.79.000, so I read Toast's Part 2....but I don't think I have to do this with the new SimpleRoot. So I'm going to try that later today as my brain is fried. Hopefully that will work.

Anyone have success with the SimpleRoot for 1.47.651.1 with an unrooted EVO with newer HBOOT? I'm hoping that I will.

This has certainly been more complicated than rooting my Hero!

5. *JC*

*JC* New Member

you do not need to follow Toast's method and SimpleRoot for 1.47.651.1, just choose one or the other. I personally used SimpleRoot for 1.47.651.1 and it went from stock OTA 1.47.651.1 to an earlier version, I then flashed fresh's newest rom, RA recovery, updated radios and everything including wifi tether and 4g is working great including very good battery life. I did have a few issues on step 4 of simpleroot, but was able to figure out a way to finally get that step to work and have used it twice now without any further problems.

verngator likes this.
  6. verngator

Thanks for confirming that!

I need to make some calls this afternoon - after that, I'm going to try it and will report back...

7. verngator

Yay, got it done -I've flashed DamageControl and everything looks sweet. Gonna donate to SimpleRoot now that everything looks good.

As far as I can tell, the only thing not working is A2SD, and I suspect that it is related to how I am trying to partition the card. On the other hand, I may not bother as the EVO might have enough memory for all the apps I want to install. :).

Thanks again to all!