Virgin Mobile 4G?

Last Updated:

1. CuriousNoob

CuriousNoob Well-Known Member

In May, new phones are supposed to come out.

People say ' Evo 4G '.

Will Virgin Mobile get 4g?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Advertisement
  2. deathneed

deathneed Well-Known Member

possible since virgin mobile uses sprint as the service provider and sprint does have 4g, but I havnt heard anything about it, and I would assume it would be kinda big news and their new selling point so it dosnt seem all that likly

edit: just found this http://www.htc.com/ca/products/sensation4g-virgin-mobile/ so they already have 4g phones so dosnt that mean they already have 4g?
  3. nycnyc

nycnyc Well-Known Member

That's Virgin Mobile Canada, which is in no way related to VMUSA in anthing other than name. VMUSA is owned by Sprint. VMCAN is owned by... I actually don't know, but its different from VMUSA.
  4. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Sprint has WiMax as 4G, which is a bit on the old side and is limited in availability in a lot of areas, but fast if your area is covered. You might want to check the WiMax coverage map for your area on Sprint's website.

It is rumored that the Evo 3D, or Evo V as Virgin is rumored to rebrand it as, that it will have access to WiMax.
  5. CuriousNoob

CuriousNoob Well-Known Member

Sprint, didn't they recently get LTE?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  6. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

They have acquired some of the LTE market but it isn't live yet. Boost and Virgin Mobile USA is supposed to take over WiMax.
    CuriousNoob likes this.
  7. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

VM is getting Sprint's WiMAX while Sprint moves onto LTE. So yes if you live in one of the like 30 cities in the US that Sprint has WiMAX then there is 4g coming...
    CuriousNoob likes this.
  8. agianne

agianne Well-Known Member

Virgin Mobile Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bell Canada, and as you point out, there is no relationship between VM Canada and VM USA (or any of the six other Virgin Mobile branded wireless services worldwide).
    KOLIO likes this.