• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Built new cm10 rom with builduntu

Big thanks to Chairshot for sharing the repos on Github and for helping me out with understanding the build environment. You rock n roll dude!

Here's a link to the cm-10-20140314-Unnoficial-Goghvmu-Kernel (I rebuilt it without the annoying Init.logo.rle when you first boot).

BadBrainsEddie

Hey now everybody. I have built a cm10 rom using builduntu with Virtual Box. Builduntu is a pre-configured Virtual Machine and all you have to do is install the newest Virtual Box and import the Builduntu file into virtual box and do a repo sync and build your rom. You can do this within 1-2 hours. I will post my build as soon as I get the Camera working (Video works). I have 3 Victories at the moment so I am developing non-stop and should have something soon. Y'all should give it a try and you can download Builduntu at builduntu.v131
and for info go to ex-d-a. Yeah you right! Oh, don't forget to download Virtual Box by Oracle as well.

Attachments

• cm-10-20140314-Kernel.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 175
Hey now everybody. I have built a cm10 rom using builduntu with Virtual Box. Builduntu is a pre-configured Virtual Machine and all you have to do is install the newest Virtual Box and import the Builduntu file into virtual box and do a repo sync and build your rom. You can do this within 1-2 hours. I will post my build as soon as I get the Camera working (Video works). I have 3 Victories at the moment so I am developing non-stop and should have something soon. Y'all should give it a try and you can download Builduntu at
and for info go to ex-d-a. Yeah you right! Oh, don't forget to download Virtual Box by Oracle as well.

Nice keep up the good work.. I am very new to custom roms but if I can help in testing or what not let me know.

Upvote 0
Hey bro,

Thanks dude. I've been wanting to that but I can't seem to figure how to push the changes even after reading 100 guides on the web. 2nd thing is I deleted 2 snapshots like a dumb ass and I think I lost the work but I will check in an hour or two (I do believe I have the snapshot for that particular build). It is really driving me up a wall on why video works when I record using VideoEditor.apk but can't take a pic using the same method. I've been looking at all the info for the last 1 month and can't seem to find a solution? Anyway, I'll get back to everyone shortly (gotta dig through my drives to make sure I still have it). Thanks again dude and ya'll have a great day.

BadBrainsEddie

Upvote 0
Badbrains,

Since all cyanogen mod porting experiments seem dead, i have some questions. First off, for this ROM, did you port this ROM or build it from source? I am attemting to port it from the s3 mini. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
the_Victorian
hey bro I wish I could answer that but it's been so long since I've developed anything I really don't remember how to do much of anything at all. Eff this, starting today I'm going to start building for Android again. Thanx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones