• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [VIRGIN MOBILE] Can you click on a phone number and dial it?

Palmetto Fellow

Android Expert
Sep 24, 2010
SC
I seem to vaguely recall Apple patenting the idea of clicking on a phone number and then having the phone call it. Nevermind that Unified Communications by Microsoft does this...but I guess that's not on a mobile device...so whatever.

Is the S3 plague by this? Can you click on a phone number and have the phone call it? Does the number have to be a special link within the search? (I've noticed google having special "call" buttons all over their searches now...probably in response to this).

My HTC EVO V can call phone numbers off websites that are just plain text...but I figure that's maybe because I am rooted and running Negamann's BluROM. Is that the case? If so, are rooted S3s capable of calling phone numbers by clicking on them? What about non-rooted ones?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones