• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Virgin mobile]Evo 3D on VM

marcusi23

Mar 19, 2012
Philadelphia Pa.
Hi i was wondering since i already have an evo 3d from sprint and virgin
mobile is getting the evo 3d could i put my old evo on my virgin mobile
account that i have now. im currently using the triumph now. if not
could you explain why. because i was thinking about this and i don't see
why not the only problem i would have thought off would have been the
data not working but they will both be using the same network.any
information would be helpful.

Hi i was wondering since i already have an evo 3d from sprint and virgin
mobile is getting the evo 3d could i put my old evo on my virgin mobile
account that i have now. im currently using the triumph now. if not
could you explain why. because i was thinking about this and i don't see
why not the only problem i would have thought off would have been the
data not working but they will both be using the same network.any
information would be helpful.

the answer is no, the reason is you need to have the virgin mobile firmware and software to run the activation and they will not accept esn's from other carriers. I know sprint may own them but you would have to buy the phone or do a trick to get it to work.

Upvote 0
Hello marcusi23,

Will you do me a favor and attempt to activate the phone on the Virgin Mobile network. I know it's possible to activate some of the other Sprint phones on the network, such as the Optimus S.

You can do so by logging into your virgin mobile account online and select swap phone. If this doesn't work call virgin mobile and tell them you've upgraded your phone and provide them with the ESN.

Upvote 0
here's a question, I currently have the $40/mo plan and my month starts over on the 21st. i plan on purchasing the Evo right when it comes out and switching to the $35/mo plan. Would it be smarter of me to just switch to the $35/mo plan now so I don't pay for my plan on the 21st and then again on the 31st when I activate my new phone?

Upvote 0
here's a question, I currently have the $40/mo plan and my month starts over on the 21st. i plan on purchasing the Evo right when it comes out and switching to the $35/mo plan. Would it be smarter of me to just switch to the $35/mo plan now so I don't pay for my plan on the 21st and then again on the 31st when I activate my new phone?

No, you will be charged twice.

Reactions: mjs2011
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones