• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Virgin Mobile, HTC One, looking for factory image

bunanson

Jun 10, 2011
HTC One V, virgin Mobile, Had Slim 3.1 installed, accidentally delete launcher, now, phone wont do anything. Rooted and TeamWin recovery installed, but lost the SD card that have the backup. Need factory image, please. Will take any factory image, as the phone is not doing anything now :(

Thanks

bun

I've asked for someone to move this to the device forum (the One V is very different from the One). In the meanwhile though, a few suggestions:

1) get another sd card, download a copy of the ROM to that, stick it in the phone and use TWRP to flash it. If it's the same rom there is no need to wipe the phone before flashing.

2) if USB debugging is on you could try to use adb install to install a launcher. You should be able to run adb while in TWRP anyway.

I don't think an RUU (official factory flash package) will be needed, but if it were we'd need more information, e.g. which Virgin Mobile (there are networks of that name in different countries, so it's ambiguous) and are you S-On or S-Off. But if all you need is a launcher that shouldn't be necessary.

Reactions: bunanson
Upvote 0
Problem fixed. Just in case somebody need it, this is how I did it:

Get intoTWRP/wipe, wipe cache, davlik cache, and then factory reset and reboot. I guess you can do a
backup and restore. I uncheck backup and restore, I like it clean, and on the right upper corner, there is a small play store icon for apps update, I click that icon, dl apex launcher, viola, problem solved.

The phone is 100% up and running.

Hope it helps someone,

bun

Reactions: lvt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones