• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[VIRGIN MOBILE]- Something wierd just came up on screen

Larzuk

Jul 2, 2011
I completely forgot to write down or snapshot what popped up on screen, but it made no sense.

Anyways, I was reading a book on Kindle, and a message came up asking me to Please Insert SIM card to resume network services, and then restart.

VM does not operate on SIM Cards AFAIK..So I'm a bit stumped and curious if this has happened to anyone else on Virgin Mobile.

I restarted the phone and everything seems fine with calls, internet and text..

Kind of threw me for a loop for a minute.

Could have just been a weird phone issue that crossed over on your software from a variant of the phone that does use sim cards. (even though yours doesn't, the software isn't completely re-written for your device, it just has network parts changed in the software.) It's possible this is an error from some piece of code left on your device related to SIM cards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones