• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Anything

Hey guys, so I got my F3 back today from my friend to try out the KitKat ROM (goes back to him tomorrow sadly) and it runs well, battery died from full to 20% very quickly which is abnormal behavior for me with no apps running. Runs really smoothly and I really like the ROM. I have the phone until tomorrow if anyone needs more info from me.

Great job on the ROM. Wish it was around a while ago when this phone was my primary :)

Upvote 0
I think I might try to do a mini port to the t-mobile/metro pcs F3 just to do a small test to see if it boots. I just want permission from phenomx4 or xclusive36 before doing so cause I don't want to break any rules.

you should wait a bit. Not all of the bugs are worked out.

Its phenomx4's rom. I had very very little physical input. He'd need to give the ok, not me. With that said, it should be ported over during compilation. It will be much quicker that way. My opinion, I would wait.

You can flash it now if you want to mess with it, youll need to use the virgin mobile zv5 aboot.img though.

To get back to yours, just reflash one of your roms. You'll need to use the hardware buttons to get into recovery until you restore your aboot image

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones