[Virgin Mobile/Sprint] unlock bootloader

1. beazpickle

beazpickle Member

I contacted LG and asked for an official unlock tool. I was wondering if anybody has tried the same thing. I will update this post if I hear back from them. Also, is anybody planning on developing Roms once bootloader is unlocked?

Advertisement
  2. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

The original bootloader will never be unlocked for this phone most likely. Contacting LG or Virgin Mobile will never get us anywhere lol.
  3. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

The only real reason to unlock the bootloader is to run a custom recovery image. Which a dev has a test of here, that doesn't look like anybody wants to use/try it and report on it.
  4. j475328

j475328 Active Member

I have a spare f3 and I'm so gonna try the dev's recovery soon as I screw the phone back together.
    bkttk2 likes this.
  5. j475328

j475328 Active Member

Ok so a update. The other phone is not taking the flash. It will boot into second init but then after the flash when I try to boot into the recovery it hard resets and then back to crap. Gonna work around it. I love this Lil phone. And I ain't scared to test on it
    beaviskob1 likes this.
  6. j475328

j475328 Active Member

Ok so had the day off today. Here's the business. I have a working CWM recovery on the phone. The issue is in the devs zip file. The .lok file is incorrectly named. Changing it to the proper name fixed the problem.
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

It's .lok, not .lol ....lol
  8. j475328

j475328 Active Member

We can thank Google for that lmao.