virgin mobile text messaging problems

1. silentecho1189

silentecho1189 New Member

So is anyone else experiencing problems with getting texts hours even DAYS after they are sent to you? This has been happening to me for a couple days.:mad:

Advertisement
    adbra likes this.
  2. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

Another reason I left. Call them and ask to reset service for your phone.
  3. kidryancorn

kidryancorn New Member

It happened once with my Optimus V...I rebooted the phone and that fixed the issue.
  4. UKNewbie

UKNewbie Well-Known Member

Having used several different carriers over the years I have found that this happens from time to time with them all. I think the satellite gets clogged up and has to do a reset :)
  5. mistichunter

mistichunter Well-Known Member

yeah that happens to me. when i pay my monthly bill.:D
  6. hiwatt

hiwatt Well-Known Member

I've been experiencing being caught in a sending text loop the last few days. I suspect it's my phone though.
  7. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Well-Known Member

I noticed this quite a few times a month with my LG Optimus Elite. My girlfriend's Elite does this as well. A reboot usually fixes it with many of the texts coming in a few minutes after restarting. However some of the texts would trickle in several hours later, if not the next day.

Oddly I have yet to experience this on my Galaxy Victory. I think the phone type has something to do with it... or maybe the simple phone swap fixed something... or maybe it had something to do with me being on the $25 plan. Many possibilities.
  8. weddle

weddle Well-Known Member

Im on a galaxy s2 and a week or so ago there were two days where I couldnt send a text to save my life. I would get a message not sent notification and 'error code:0', then some other text underneath it. It seemed to fix itself afyer two days though..I thought it was something to do with the s3 coming out but idk
  9. pm5544

pm5544 Well-Known Member

Sorry I know this is a two year old thread but have those if any that are still having SMS problems... have any of you used the delivery report option? I have this option ticked and I receive a small tick beside the message which indicates that the SMS has reached the recipients phone.

The issue with this is that it isn't always reliable as I have had some that showed no tick which indicated that the SMS didn't reach the intended phone, but on checking with the recipient they indeed received the message.
  10. mikeca

mikeca Well-Known Member

In the last week I had two that came through exactly 12 hours after they were sent.