• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

virgin mobile text messaging problems

I noticed this quite a few times a month with my LG Optimus Elite. My girlfriend's Elite does this as well. A reboot usually fixes it with many of the texts coming in a few minutes after restarting. However some of the texts would trickle in several hours later, if not the next day.

Oddly I have yet to experience this on my Galaxy Victory. I think the phone type has something to do with it... or maybe the simple phone swap fixed something... or maybe it had something to do with me being on the $25 plan. Many possibilities.

Upvote 0
Im on a galaxy s2 and a week or so ago there were two days where I couldnt send a text to save my life. I would get a message not sent notification and 'error code:0', then some other text underneath it. It seemed to fix itself afyer two days though..I thought it was something to do with the s3 coming out but idk

Upvote 0
Sorry I know this is a two year old thread but have those if any that are still having SMS problems... have any of you used the delivery report option? I have this option ticked and I receive a small tick beside the message which indicates that the SMS has reached the recipients phone.

The issue with this is that it isn't always reliable as I have had some that showed no tick which indicated that the SMS didn't reach the intended phone, but on checking with the recipient they indeed received the message.

Upvote 0
I have been having issues since October .. of course, they told me that they had a ticket -- when i called back, of course there was no ticket. She said if there was no proof that my service was not working, then I should set my expectations extremely low to receive a credit, because then I would have a credit on a device that does not work...

I said it's not called a credit, it's called a reimbursement. She said I should expect not to get one, but that she would submit a ticket anyway -- WOW -- at least I actually got a ticket number this time. I tried to explain to her that I have OVER 150 screen shots, time stamped, that prove that my texts are not working... she said she didn't understand.

She's from the Philippines ... guess I should expect her not to understand ... not even customer satisfaction. See you in court Virgin Mobile!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones