• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

virgin mobile to Cricket

reload69

Dec 27, 2015
Hello i was in need of a new phone and since i am looking for a phone i decided to also look at other carriers. I currently have unlimited talk, text, and 2.5 gb for $35 including taxes and fees with Virgin and have been with them the last 7 years. It looks like i would pay the same with cricket for the basic plan if i sign up for auto billing. I see Cricket is doing $100 bill credit https://www.cricketwireless.com/switch-cell-phone-carriers-deal.html#terms if i port my number but i am afraid to leave Virgin for fear the service where i live my be equal or worse which would not make it worth it. Unfortunately i do not trust the coverage maps the carriers offer on their website. My in law has At&t and has service where i live. Would it be safe to say that if she get service with At&t that i would get the same signal/ service with cricket. I would really like to give it a try but i dont want to risk anything. I see i can also get a .99 cent phone if i get a month service https://www.cricketwireless.com/content/aio/en/cell-phones/smartphones/zte-prelude-2.html
does anyone have any suggestion or recommendation for how to go about this.

Unfortunately i do not trust the coverage maps the carriers offer on their website. My in law has At&t and has service where i live. Would it be safe to say that if she get service with At&t that i would get the same signal/ service with cricket.
Yes, Cricket uses AT&T towers so reception will be similar. :thumbsupdroid:

I would not recommend the ZTE Prelude 2, it only has 4GB of storage which is not enough for most people. Look for one with 8GB internal storage.

LG Risio ($29.99), Motorola Moto E ($49.99), and ZTE Overture 2 ($39.99) are currently free after a rebate on their site with activation and have 8GB.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones