• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [TUTORIAL] CM10.1 on VM GS3

From my experience, It doesn't matter. I am running the MD4 Firmware/radio/baseband on stock/rooted. I have 4G access, MMS, SMS, all the fun happy stuff. If fact I would say that my network quality has improved, I get about 3-4 bars inside my house - where as before on stock i was rocking 1-2. Also no choppiness with voice calls that I was experiencing with the MB1 Radio.

I would also like an actual explanation as to why this works, what the OP said makes sense...that i need my carriers radio to get on their network. But from my results that doesn't matter.

I was able to flash CM 10.1 but 4g wasn't working. MMS and everything else worked fine, just no 4g. I tried messing around a little bit to get 4g to work, but I had no success. So I decided to flash back to touchwhiz for now, but I really hope someone can get 4g fixed.

Upvote 0
you don't flash a .img with odin. You flash .tar files. Did you even read my tutorial?

Use TWRP recovery, its better for so many reasons.
Odin flashable here (last file on the page 2.6.0.0) :Techerrata Downloads - Browsing d2spr
there I even posted the link again for you.

Allright I tried it and once agian when I click the tar file it goes into the pda box like /c/annoying file spr. And doesn't flash to my phone.

Upvote 0
guys do not go flashing bootloaders, noobnl is working on official status for yall. soon enough you guys will be able to just flash and go.

That's great news to hear! I'd like to run CM rom as opposed to finding work arounds. On a side note to the previous comments. I have tried both MD4 and MD7 radios, in a 4G service area, i can confirm that neither of them work for 4g. turns off the data signal.

Upvote 0
So is it safe to say that after flashing the sprint firmware we can install any sprint s3 rom on our phones?

I installed the sprint firmware and then flashed cm 10.1.2 and every thing worked sept mms I don't know about 4g after I figuered out I couldn't get mms to work even after restoring the apns I went to my recovery formated every thing and flashed punkmaxxs rom and every thing is once again working 3g mms sms camera everything ( don't know bout 4g since I don't live in a 4g area ). What I don't know is if I'm still on the sprint firmware ?? But none the less my phones working and I'm looking forward to the amazing roms this phone will get goodluck to all the devs .

Upvote 0
I installed the sprint firmware and then flashed cm 10.1.2 and every thing worked sept mms I don't know about 4g after I figuered out I couldn't get mms to work even after restoring the apns I went to my recovery formated every thing and flashed punkmaxxs rom and every thing is once again working 3g mms sms camera everything ( don't know bout 4g since I don't live in a 4g area ). What I don't know is if I'm still on the sprint firmware ?? But none the less my phones working and I'm looking forward to the amazing roms this phone will get goodluck to all the devs .

Just tried it out. 4G still doesn't work

Upvote 0
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2148306

GUYS & DEVELOPER'S -> I flashed the sprint firmware and the ROM above ( which by the way is awesome) along with the cm10.1.2 MMS fix ( found a few comments above this post) And Sms MMS 3g wifi bluetooth every that i can manage to test Is working ( i can not test 4g because i dont Have 4g where i live) Hope this info helps any of you ..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones