[Virgin Mobile] [Vmobi][WIP][ROM] CM10 AOSP 4.1.2

Last Updated: 2013-09-14 04:07:24
  1. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

[​IMG]

README:
    Welcome to CyanogenMod 10 AOSP 4.1.2. I currently do NOT own the phone so donations are very much appreciated :)

ROM STATUS
    You tell me :)

UPDATE:
    8/18/13
    Started repo's over again on branch jellybean

ROM INSTALL:
    Since I have no clue what is working or not working I need some testers to use some logcats's from boot and post on pastebin with links in this thread. Please make sure to backup the phone before proceeding with the load as this is ALPHA! Also let me know what is or isn't working so we can get a running list.

DOWNLOAD
    Team Vmobi

DONATIONS:
    Send me a beer if you appreciate my work!

SOURCE
    https://github.com/vmobi-d2vmu

Advertisement
  2. punkmaxx

punkmaxx Well-Known Member

YAY!! Good to see you over here g60... Was using your CM10.1 on the 3VO up until 2 weeks ago when the SGS3 came out... Thanks for all your hard work... Look forward to the future of this phone on VM. :) I'll always flash anything you cook up!
    g60madman likes this.
  3. XAL2

XAL2 Well-Known Member

Haha same here! Thanks for finally showin up! :p
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

*loves this* :beer:
    TheBritton likes this.
  5. nsciucco

nsciucco Well-Known Member

Hope everyone realizes what we have here. Welcome to the GS3 FORUMS G60
    g60madman likes this.
  6. spacepanda

spacepanda Well-Known Member

very eager for virgin 10.1 though I hear the sprint rom works quite well.
  7. g60madman

The goal is to get a solid supported ROM from CM and then I will work on the CM10.1. The big difference is different library files which I am already running into with branch jellybean. Almost done with the vendor files, and then I can build.
  8. FatalIll

FatalIll Well-Known Member

I lost my shit when I saw you post in this section of the forums. I won't get my GS3 until discount kicks in at Best Buy around the beginning of July so... Got a bit of time.

I'm still using my 3VO right now, thats why I remember you :p I haven't heard of TheBritton though. Look forward to good things.
  9. g60madman

TheBritton is a Guide, me and him go back since the Triumph days, then the Evo V 4g, and then the Victory. Then the bastard had to go buy an S3 LMAO :D so while I still don't have the phone I am working on it and hoping to have a bootable rom by tonight. With donations (hoping), and selling some stuff on Ebay I will be moving to the S3 in time. If the TheBritton buys something else I am going to stay put...you hear me Britton!!! This is the last time I play catch the Guide LMAO! My Wife almost killed me when I asked for another phone, it hasn't even been 2 months hahah! Good times :p
    funkylogik likes this.
  10. g60madman

First ROM has been posted. If people could snag a logcat from first boot and post it so I can see what is what. Let me know :)
    funkylogik likes this.
  11. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Active Member

Tried flashing, the log displayed
    "Finding update package..."
    "Opening update package..."
    "Installing update...", then, "assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2vmu" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2vmu" E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10-20130625-UNOFFICIAL-d2vmu.zip (Status 7)
  12. punkmaxx

You have to go into the updater-script and delete the first line.... our version of CWM does not support it. Backing up and flashing now... I've got a min before work...
  13. peter counias

peter counias Well-Known Member

I'd test it but I'm stuck on a sprint modem is there a virgin Mobile stock modem out there anywhere that you know of ??
  14. punkmaxx

Bootloops, logcat was unsuccessful
  15. g60madman

I deleted the files, thanks for the update.
  16. peter counias

peter counias Well-Known Member

Can you make a flash able modem zip for cwm?
  17. lordmage

lordmage Well-Known Member

find a flashable sprint version and replace the modem.bin file with the Virgin edition and it might work.
  18. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

Haha!! Man I think I'm gonna actually sick with this device awhile. I thought that about the S2 but then the Victory came out with LTE. I missed the larger screen, larger phone storage and high resolution camera but I was happy to have LTE. But then the S3 came out with the best of both phones so here we are.

I have a feeling this device will lead to a lot of fun and some serious developing for a long time to come.
    papa b and funkylogik like this.
  19. lordmage

lordmage Well-Known Member

ah lol yeah i am in love now just have to help has much as i can... my phone is my daily thou i dont risk much.
  20. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

It just dawned on me :D

Holy Crap!!!

I gotta get my root on.
    TheBritton likes this.
  21. nsciucco

I'm shocked. You haven't done it yet?
  22. christiansoto

christiansoto Well-Known Member

I have the S3 also .looking forward to development
  23. nsciucco

I'll have it soon.
  24. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to pick a case I like :p

I've returned several of them already. Currently rocking a seidio active without kickstand in white. I still have one to return.
  25. SirFerret

SirFerret Member

Finally upgraded my Triumph to a GS3! Cannot wait to see what amazing things you can do with this phone. You and your team are the reason I kept my Triumph so long!

Keep it up :)
    g60madman and TheBritton like this.