• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Who wants a flashable ZIP to install stock ROM?

Make flashable stock ROM?

• Yes

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
I know this is the wrong thread,sorry,but serious issues here.. I'm on conquest now, I'm getting a lot of Google FC's, so I went to restore to stock and somehow both my backups are gone. So I went to DL a stock ROM, tried two of them, this one and one in vmroms, but it won't let me click on it. Also I keep getting an error #67 for this forum and vmroms. I've been signed in for a while. Ill try to reinstall Tapatalk and try online. I switched back to my other phone for now

RedBear's Evo 3D

Worked for me http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681712
And with conquest make sure you're not flashing separate gapps. Gapps are all included in conquest. And make sure you do a full wipe before flash. Did you have backups on external sd? If they were on internal the full wipe before flash would erase them.

Reactions: whbisondtr
Upvote 0
Worked for me http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681712
And with conquest make sure you're not flashing separate gapps. Gapps are all included in conquest. And make sure you do a full wipe before flash. Did you have backups on external sd? If they were on internal the full wipe before flash would erase them.

Thanks, that worked. No, I just flashed the Rom, the update, and the holo theme. I wiped system, data, cache , and dalvik. Um.. wherever twrp put them. So possibly erased. I made a backup of this one tho, and ill be sure it goes onto the extsdcard. I really appreciate the help Madbat..

RedBear's Evo 3D

Upvote 0
Thanks, that worked. No, I just flashed the Rom, the update, and the holo theme. I wiped system, data, cache , and dalvik. Um.. wherever twrp put them. So possibly erased. I made a backup of this one tho, and ill be sure it goes onto the extsdcard. I really appreciate the help Madbat..

RedBear's Evo 3D

No prob. Hope you get conquest working, it runs good. 11.2 full and 11.3 update. Try it without a theme. Did the adaway I linked work? It was a backup I made it f the one I'm using.

Upvote 0
No prob. Hope you get conquest working, it runs good. 11.2 full and 11.3 update. Try it without a theme. Did the adaway I linked work? It was a backup I made it f the one I'm using.

I think link2sd is the problem. Phone was fine b4 install, google apps fc like crazy after, unistalled and everything is fine. Is there another good alternative to it that's confirmed working?
Yes the link and app worked great, thanks

RedBear's Evo 3D

Upvote 0
A bit new with the Victory. Got it for my mom so I have limited time with it. Is this in lieu of a stock tar? Is there a stock tar out there? I always find comfort in Odin'ing a stock rom to start fresh. It's the truest clean slate there is, and sometimes download mode has been my only option to correct mistakes.

No one ever made one. This is more for returning to stock than repairing mess ups. That's what backups are for. Always backup! Always!

Upvote 0
Its all in one. When you flash it asks if you want to root or not, if you want stock kernel, stock recovery. Post #9.
I just tried this, selected stock recovery but ODIN is still there. And every time I try to boot into recovery it takes me to the green android saying something like "downloading, do not disconnect".

But according to super SU I am no longer rooted. What can I do to get stock recovery back?

Thank you!
Its all in one. When you flash it asks if you want to root or not, if you want stock kernel, stock recovery. Post #9.

Upvote 0
Okay:
So today my sdcard got corrupted after using victorious rom for a decent while. It may have happened due to dropping my phone a couple of times and having the sdcard come loose. This resulted in my sdcard becoming randomly corrupted. I attempted to retrieve everything important and reformatted my sdcard. I then restored to a stock nandroid I had from right before I installed victorious. I'd like to return to stock completely and maintain root, without downloading an entire stock rom. One of my issues is that I still have the vaevictus kernel. Could anyone procure a link for the stock kernel, or a better kernel if such a thing exists? Also I'm on mg5, so how should I go about returning to nd4, which is the latest update I believe? I'm sorry that this post is longwinded and rambling, but my primary intention was to retrieve the stock kernel in hopes up updating? Thank you!

Upvote 0
Okay:
So today my sdcard got corrupted after using victorious rom for a decent while. It may have happened due to dropping my phone a couple of times and having the sdcard come loose. This resulted in my sdcard becoming randomly corrupted. I attempted to retrieve everything important and reformatted my sdcard. I then restored to a stock nandroid I had from right before I installed victorious. I'd like to return to stock completely and maintain root, without downloading an entire stock rom. One of my issues is that I still have the vaevictus kernel. Could anyone procure a link for the stock kernel, or a better kernel if such a thing exists? Also I'm on mg5, so how should I go about returning to nd4, which is the latest update I believe? I'm sorry that this post is longwinded and rambling, but my primary intention was to retrieve the stock kernel in hopes up updating? Thank you!
You want to return to full stock, maintain root, and not have to download a full stock ROM? And I suppose you also don't want to wipe data?:cool: It doesn't exactly work that way. Lol
But seriously What you can do is Odin flash the stock mg5 .tar. Then Odin flash twrp, then use twrp to flash the no props nd4 update. Easy peasy. But you need to download those files.
Update: here is the stock mg5 tar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones