[Virgin Mobile] wifi tether

Last Updated:

1. marco562

marco562 Well-Known Member

hello I just rooted to use wifi tether. In order to set it up I had to change the device profile name to Samsung galaxy s4 in order for my laptop to read IP address. just wanted to share just incase someone got stuck on wifi tether...I just had to change device profile name to Samsung galaxy s4 in order to work...kinda weird idk why it didn't work if i chose device profile name Samsung galaxy s3..

Advertisement
    w0rd, punkmaxx and funkylogik like this.
  2. EricH4753

EricH4753 Well-Known Member

I tried that ,but it didn't work for me. I have the latest version. What do you have on setup method? I have auto. Also do you have MMS clamping and routing fix enabled?
  3. marco562

that's weird... my device profile is set to samaung galaxy s4.
    setup-method to "auto" and I do have MMS and routing fix enabled and everything is working fine with me..
  4. EricH4753

Well I don't know what I did ,but it works now :)
  5. deathjester91

deathjester91 New Member

what wifi tether app are you using i cant seam to get mine to work
    this is the one i am using
    qbking77.com/development/free-wifi-tether-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-and-galaxy-note-ii-on-jelly-bean/
  6. marco562

7. deathjester91

deathjester91 New Member

8. EricH4753

his link worked for me
  9. redrunner1985

redrunner1985 Well-Known Member

This app worked for me but I have mine set to the s3 and it works. Only issue I have is to use wifi again I have to reboot the phone.
  10. marco562

Hmmm weird ...only problem I get is this message (only some times) idk what makes this to happen
    [​IMG]
  11. dschlemmer318

dschlemmer318 Active Member

I had that come up once but that was because I had two different tether apps running at the same time
  12. berzerkus

berzerkus Active Member

Worked for me, (s4 profile, MSS Clamping and routing fix). But need to reboot to get wifi working again.
  13. DaManWitDaPlan

DaManWitDaPlan Well-Known Member

Same issue, have to reboot to get wifi to turn on. Anyone else with this issue or a fix?
  14. ankelhexton

ankelhexton Member

The trick is to enable the reset wi-fi driver 2(need su) option. Then s3 profile works flawlessly
  15. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member

Doesn't work for me. Still have to use S4 and reboot.
  16. ankelhexton

ankelhexton Member

w0rd likes this.
  17. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member

Works now after following that guide! Thanks.