Virgin Rooter

1. sid2003

sid2003 Member

Hello guys, Ive rooted my phone with revelutionary and its on gingerbread 2.3.3 which I find is very unstable with a few crashes every now and then.

Can anybody recommend any roms for me to try?

I like the sense and maybe was wondering if any are out with the 3.0 or 3.5 for this phone or any good alternatives to get the best out of it.

Thanks

Simon

Advertisement
  2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

i think generally for sense ROMS, people rate Teppics and LeeDroid ROMS as the best, Just make sure that you Wipe/factory reset from your recovery before you install the new ROM, Also, Nandroid backup, don't forget that.
  3. sid2003

sid2003 Member

Is there any specific places where the roms can be found orare they on the individual authors websites?
  4. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

sid2003 likes this.
  5. sid2003

sid2003 Member

Sorry for the noob question but nandroid, is it on the market place cos i cant find it.
  6. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

No a "nandroid" is a complete backup or image of your phone, done from recovery.
  7. sid2003

sid2003 Member

Ok guys having spent a few days trying this, I have learnt my lesson and i forgot to back up before trying a new rom and its now stuck at the htc white start up screen. I have 4ext installed but obvoisly no back ups. Is there anyway to get the phone working again?

Ok Ive formatted and wiped, created ext4 partition and put in runnymede and blissymede and installed and with all the roms i have tried they either get stuck at the htc white screen or they get stuck in reboot loop.
  8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Are you doing a full factory reset before installing the roms? Are you downloading the stock hboot versions if you are still on the stock hboot? did you validate your ext partitionw as working before flashign anything?

Also, have you read our FAQ's in the root forum? If not, please do.
    sid2003 likes this.
  9. sid2003

sid2003 Member

My HBoot says HBOOT-6.93.1002
    I believe I am doing a factory reset.
    And partition was validated and aligned.
  10. shauny13

I just looked at these roms, Are you doing a full wipe first from recovery? Also are you downloading the correct version? Ie the stock hboot version? (i take it you have stock hboot?) When flashing a rom the first boot can take up to 10 mins.
  11. shauny13

Damn you Dan lol.
  12. sid2003

sid2003 Member

Ok so my screen says
    bravo pvt3 ship s-off
    hboot-6.93.1002
    microp-051d
    touch panel-synw0101
    radio-5.17.05.23

Is this stock or not?
  13. shauny13

Yes, you are stock. You would have yo be s-off your change hboot.

Edit, scrap that, just seen your s-off.

Get quick system info from market and see if it says system storage 250mb, if it does, you are stock, or look in about phone settings, storage, if phone memory is 147mb you have stock
  14. sid2003

sid2003 Member

So for example is I want to install cool3d sense 3.5 it says
    Stock Hboot users flash Stock_Hboot.zip after installing the Rom.zip

So this means after installing the rom i go into 4ext again and then install the stock hboot.zip?

Am I correct in saying this?

Thanks guys.
  15. shauny13

If you are stock hboot with a 4ext, just do a full wipe and flash the rom.
    sid2003 likes this.
  16. sid2003

sid2003 Member

ok thanks guys for the help got it sorted. You was right about the hboot shauny.

So yeah alls good now.

Thanks

Simon
    shauny13 likes this.