1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

virtual keyboard problem... anyone else?

1. user53

user53 Active Member

When using the virtual keyboard either landscape or portrait im having issues where i push the letter and the popup of the letter comes up which tells me it recognized what letter i pushed, but it doesnt actually insert the letter in the message. This has been driving me insane because when i get done typing something i look at the message and see several letters are missing that were typed. It shouldnt be related to the lack of multitouch since i intentially typed slower and it still happened. Is anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

I have noticed this too, seems the software is trying to guess when you dont press long/hard enough and so it thinks it's an accidental press or something but it still shows the feedback as if you pressed it. I dont have an answer (my typing is waaay to slow for this to matter to me yet) but I can confirm I have seen this too.
  3. JediJesus

JediJesus Well-Known Member

I have had several issues when using the virtual keyboard. Hopefully they get it fixed with dec. 11 update.
  4. user53

user53 Active Member

Thank you for replying! Glad to hear I'm not the only one having this problem.
  5. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

I think that a lot of people are having the same problem. The main reason for this problem is that the virtual keyboard is not multitouch. So, your finger has to be removed completely from a key to register the next. I have noticed in my typing that the letter will be recognized, but will not register.
  6. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I had a really bad problem with this on my first phone and posted the same thing. At that time nobody else seemed to have the problem... or they didn't comment on it. I exchanged my phone and it is working much, much better. It still does occur but a lot less frequently. My first one I could barely type. It seemed that most words it put a space where I had typed a letter. If yours is really bad I would take it back because it definately fixed mine.