Virtual Private Network on Desire

1. lenardzelig

lenardzelig New Member

Hi all,

I've a question about VPN's on the HTC Desire. After much trial and error I have finally been able to get my Desire connected to the VPN hosted on my laptop. However I'm at a loss now as to how I go about interfacing with the laptop. I can't seem to find any way of seeing what's there. Any ideas?

Cheers guys,
    LZ

Advertisement
    :
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Install astro file explorer and the astro smb module. Then add the laptop as a server under networks
  3. lenardzelig

lenardzelig New Member

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested and it worked great, up to a point. Unfortunately it won't let me play any video or mp3 files I'm viewing remotely, nor can I save/move them to my android? Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the software?

Edit: Yes, I'm doing something wrong :) Ignore the above, I found out how to do it :)
  4. Desirable9

Desirable9 Member

hey. do you have any connection issues!? my old man is trying to figure out if the desire is good enough with vpn with the thought of buying one.

can you explain why you thought you doing something wrong!?
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Actually can you let me know what settings you used to do this please?
  6. lenardzelig

lenardzelig New Member

I used this page (PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall) to set up my laptop with a static IP address and then in ES File Explorer went Menu>New>Server then put that IP address in the 'server' box.

Hope this is helpful!

---

Desirable9: I'm sorry, but it's been too long, I can't remember what I was doing wrong. However with regards connection issues, since I finally got it up and running it's been connecting fine with no problems.

---

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot, copy me at your own risk :)
  7. zeroeight

zeroeight Active Member

Maybe a dumb question, but... What am I meant to be putting in the username and password fields? I've tried my WiFi ones, my computer ones, and tried just making up one, but nothing is working.