• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root virtuous 3.1 For Incredible users

jbuck1984

Android Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2010
Hey guys,

So I have been rooted for sometime but haven't played with any ROMS yet until I finally got tired of waiting for Nov OTA and realized virtuous 3.1 has implemented the updates already.

I figure a new post regarding this rom was warranted and hadn't seen anything in AF INC yet.

1st thing to note. If you have been pondering this update and not doing it because you will have wipe the phone, Virtuous does not require a wipe and when you install the ROM you will have all your old data.

I thought this was cool, especially for when the next updates come through such as new Sense build as well as Gingerbread.

I did have one question for any other virtuous users.

Even though I probably wont keep this, I would like to see the Vcast store and it doesn't appear to be installed. Is there a way to get this?

I have the same question for slacker.

All other updates in the NOV OTA seem to be part of this ROM so those are the only 2 things in question.

Thanks for your help.

1st thing to note. If you have been pondering this update and not doing it because you will have wipe the phone, Virtuous does not require a wipe and when you install the ROM you will have all your old data.

Not requiring a wipe I believe is in regards to installing new updates to Virtuous after you are already running the ROM. If you are on stock and wish to install Virtuous, I believe you are still supposed to wipe your data first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones