Virtuous v3.0.1 with KK bfs #5

Last Updated:

1. taizzle70

taizzle70 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else using this combo? Been using it for 3 days very snappy no problems at all. Except battery wasn't lasting very long then realized i left my display brightness to max, on auto mode it seems pretty good. Also i'm kind of new to this but why use bfs #4 #3 or #2? isn't the new ones suppose to be a upgrade from the last?

Advertisement
  2. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

when i had stock 2.2, with KK#5, and handcent and everything froze all the time, but it works on virtuous 3.0.1

3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Some people like the try some of the older kernels and some get really good results with them. There are so many variables that can affect battery life and so many software combinations that sometimes the older kernels will do better than newer ones for some. It can be a trial and error experience.

4. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

5. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

The KK kernels do "upgrade" in that they use newer bases for the code, but some of them are just trying out different things. Over on XDA a whole bunch of people are sticking with older ones because that combo of mods works best for them.

6. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

That is one of the combos I have settled in to. The other is Jager with the same kernel. Both are very stable for me and afford me suitable battery life.

7. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Based on personal experience I'd say the best information is going to be:

1. From development site from which you download them.
    2. Things you find "here and there" throughout these and the XDA forums that discuss topics like kernels and battery life.
    3. Your own experience when you try them. And this is often the best and only information "at the end of the day" (I hate that overused cliche but I couldn't resist) that will really matter to you.

8. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

KK #5 on Virt 3.0.1 and Uncommon S 1.1 is by far the best I've found. I'm hardly even looking at battery life any longer and even forgoing the bump charge at times. Only profile I have is screen off at 384 / 245 conservative with a slight max bump of 107.5 also conservative.