• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

virus? help is appreciated.

athizz

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
Hi, I am new to these forums and I came here for some help. I have rooted my original motorola droid using easyroot and used setcpu to overclock it to 800mhz. Everything was working beautifully until I had downloaded a certain app not from the market place. After I had downloaded it (not sure what the app is as I downloaded several at once) my setcpu widget read 600 mhz and I wasn't able to change it back saying it did not have root access anymore and in my app drawer, an icon by the name of super user permissions showed up and it would not go away even after a factory reset. I've tried everything and I am not able to overclock my processor :( any tips are greatly appreciated.

PS: sorry if this was already posted but I searched the forums and founf nothing that matched my situation.

Motorola Droid with froyo

It doesn't sound like a virus to me. Sounds like one of the apps you installed borked the settings you had...

Try uninstalling / removeing any new apps you installed that have system axcess, you can always put them back on later.

If this help I always put stuff in a temp folder then install one at a time.... same goes for market apps one at a time...

Good luck!

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones