• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help virus on moment?

So... my phone spontaneously decided it wants to act like a blackberry. It stalls on my messages (using default messaing, no app), like really stalls... and crashes. And when I'm using instant messaging the phone will freeze and reboot sometimes, but not often. Ad my battery gets REALLY hot... I've taken the battery out for an hour and all the problems persists... does my phone have a terminally ill ailment? :^(
Only apps I run are browser, messaging and seesmic, and ebuddy.

As mentioned, it's not maleware. It could be a runaway process or a damaged system file, but it could also be as simple as being in a very low signal area. If you've installed any apps right before the problem appeared, try uninstalling them. A task killer may be a temporary fix, but if this is something that started recently and it's not a installed app, the permanent fix may be to reset the unit and reinstall/configure everything (not as painful as it sounds). You didn't mention, but are running stock 2.1 or some other rom?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones