• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Virus pop up help please

red04028101

Nov 29, 2015
Keep getting random redirects to Google play and websites il attatch a screenshot any ideas don't fancy resetting my phone
f2898ffe39ee8b3801e18d29f5be623b.jpg

Try clearing browser caches first. It sounds like an ad script from some website you've visited has hijacked your browser.

Not a virus as they don't exist for Android (malware does, but you have to install it - it can't install itself, which is what defines a virus).
Some older versions of android can allow for malware to be downloaded, or at least can disguise themselves well enough to be downloaded. I've heard of ransom ware taking over android phones before.

Upvote 0
I would suggest checking your app drawer to see if anything has been downloaded without your consent. If it has, it should be the last app in the drawer. You would just have to go to app manager in settings and delete data, followed by uninstalling that app.

I've seen situations where the malware would not let the user into their own settings, at which point you have to power down and boot into safe mode. In safe mode, no non stock applications can run, so from there you can delete the problem app.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
No didn't click it. Can't get to a pc at the moment would uninstalling chrome help
Probably not, especially if you are getting random play store popups. My guess is that the play store is being redirected as well. @Phoenix111 's suggestion to boot into safe mode is a good one. I'd also clear the cache and data from both chrome and the play store while in safe mode.

Reactions: zixxorb
Upvote 0
I would suggest checking your app drawer to see if anything has been downloaded without your consent. If it has, it should be the last app in the drawer. You would just have to go to app manager in settings and delete data, followed by uninstalling that app.

I've seen situations where the malware would not let the user into their own settings, at which point you have to power down and boot into safe mode. In safe mode, no non stock applications can run, so from there you can delete the problem app.
Android system webveiw look odd to me has anyone heard of it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones