• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Virus via Instagram?

A

Android Question

Last night some of my friends were talking about how a celebrities instagram account had been hacked. I opened up instagram and viewed the most recent photo from the account. Immediately my phone became very slow, disconnected and reconnected to wifi, and all then of the apps on my phone crashed one by one. After a few attempts to restart it (the same thing happened again preventing me from being able to change anything) I managed to open it in safe mode. I uninstalled instagram and when I restarted it again everything seemed like it was back to normal.
I haven't downloaded any new apps recently and all of the apps on my phone are very mainstream things. I've been told that it wouldn't be possible for somebody to hack instagram like that but it seems like a remarkable coincidence. Also when it was glitching or whatever I managed to run avast scanner and it found nothing wrong.
I'm not sure really what else to do. I've downloaded antimalware bytes and it also says that there are no issues...

My phone is an htc mini one running 4.4.2.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones